- Kaposia Education Center
- Monitoring Coronavirus
Monday, May 10, 2021- COVID Testing and Vaccination Opportunities
COVID Vaccination Opportunities
Students 16+ can now receive the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine! There are a couple opportunities for students and their families to be vaccinated.
- The ‘Roll Up Your Sleeves, MN’ vaccine outreach campaign is focusing on Minnesotans aged 16 and 17. Click here to register your student and/or family’s vaccination appointment at the Mall of America.
- Dakota County Public Health is currently offering the vaccine at Metcalf Middle School. There are hundreds of appointments available and walk-ins are welcome! Feel free to bring a friend or family member. The vaccine is free and no insurance or documentation information is required. Sign up here: https://phappt.co.dakota.mn.us/clinic/search.
- Language interpreters are available at the clinic to assist.
- Metcalf Middle School is located at 2250 Diffley Road in Burnsville. For parking information, check out the Metcalf Parking Map.
For more information, go to Dakota County’s COVID-19 Vaccine page.
COVID Testing Opportunities
The MDH recommends all school-age youth in school, sports, or extracurricular activities, and their families, get tested for COVID-19 every two weeks through the end of the school year. Here are a few free local COVID testing opportunities:
- The IGH Armory at 8076 Babcock Trail is getting results to people very fast – often less than 24 hours! They have testing every week (days/hours change each week) and it is free of charge.
- Roy Wilkins Auditorium. They have testing 7 days a week, 9-5 on weekdays, 10-4 on weekends. They are another free walk-in testing site and usually have results back in 24-48 hours. For more information on both of these testing sites, visit the MDH COVID-19 Community Testing website.
SSP Middle and High School Students are also able to pick-up a COVID test each Monday in the Secondary building office. Students will take the test home, follow the instructions for testing and return the completed test to the office by 10:00 AM on Tuesdays.