- South St. Paul Public Schools
- District Homepage
School Meal Update: Available at no charge to SSP students
South St. Paul Public Schools is pleased to announce that school meals will be available at no charge to students enrolled in SSP this fall, beginning September 8 and temporarily running through December 31, 2020, but could end earlier. Please note, this is a change in original plans thanks to a U.S. Department of Agriculture waiver allowing school meals to be served free of charge to all students. As noted above, this is a temporary situation and all families are still encouraged to complete an Application for Educational Benefits, since any approval will carry over after this waiver expires through the 2020-21 school year.
Similar to the meal boxes SSP provided this spring and summer, families can pick-up free meals for their children each week as well as for students participating in hybrid learning. At this time, meals provided at school will also be free. Only students who are currently enrolled in SSP are eligible for free meals.
Hybrid Learning Meals
- For students participating in hybrid learning, meals will be provided at school on days students are learning at school. Students will be expected to still follow the traditional meal process, including swiping their badge to submit their lunch PIN number, but at this time families will not be charged for these meals.
- Families can pre-order free boxed meals for days they are distance learning and receive a three-day meal box, including three breakfasts and three lunches.
Full-time Distance Learning Meals
- Students participating in full-time distance learning will also have the opportunity to pre-order meal boxes. Students will receive a five-day meal box at no charge, including five breakfasts and five lunches.
Meal Box Ordering and Pick-Up
- Families/students must pre-order meals by 3 p.m. on Mondays. All boxed meals will be available for pick-up on Wednesdays from 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Students/families must pick up their pre-ordered meal box from the school in which the student attends. If you have students at multiple schools, you must pick up meals at each school. CLC students will pick up at the Secondary building.
- Pick-up is every Wednesday, from 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. at these locations:
- Lincoln Center: Door #5 by playground
- Kaposia: Main Entrance
- Secondary: Door #7 (facing 6th ave N)
For the most up-to-date information regarding the 2020-2021 school meal box program and more detailed information about pre-ordering meals and pick-up, please visit our back-to-school website.