Activities Department Award Winners 2022
On Wednesday, May 4, 2022 SSP students who participated in athletics and activities were honored at this year's 75th Annual Activities Awards Ceremony.
Please join the South St. Paul Activities Department in congratulating students who received the following awards.
Abby R. and Alonzo D. were the recipients of the VFW Honor Athlete Awards, which recognizes one senior male and female athlete and his/her athletic achievements.
Molly S. and Jacob R. were the recipients of the VFW Honor Participant Awards, which recognizes one senior male and female for outstanding participation in activities.
Distinguished Athlete Award Winners
This award recognizes one male and one female senior athlete who clearly put forth their best effort to excel. These two athletes have demonstrated themselves to be a valuable asset to their team and school.
- Lilie R.
- Will N.
Triple A Award Winners
This award recognizes two seniors whose leadership skills and their commitment to their teammates, to their school community, and their personal goals, while maintaining a grade point average of 3.0 or higher.
- Macey E.
- Jacob R.
Academic All-Conference Award Winners
Senior participants that have earned a grade point average of 3.65 or better and have attained all-conference status in at least one sport or activity.
- Emma C. – 3.896 (Tennis)
- Grace G. – 3.982 (Diving)
- Mia L. – 3.931 (Soccer)
- Kayla M. – 3.729 (Soccer)
- Will N. – 4.143 (Wrestling)
- Ella R. – 3.962 (Track & Field)
- Abby R. – 3.811 (Soccer, Basketball, Track & Field)
- Molly S. – 4.188 (Vocal Music)
- Ruby W. – 3.921 (Vocal Music)
Tri-Athlete Award Winners
Senior students that have participated in three sports their senior year of high school.
- Aselya G. – Swimming & Diving, Nordic Ski, Track & Field
- Evan H. – Cross Country, Nordic Ski, Track & Field
- Ramontay H. – Football, Basketball, Track & Field
- Ramontre H. – Football, Basketball, Track & Field
- Steven I. – Football, Swimming & Diving, Track & Field
- Careline M. – Soccer, Basketball, Golf
- Aaron M. – Cross Country, Swimming & Diving, Track & Field
- Abby R. – Soccer, Basketball, Track & Field
Maroon “S” Award Winners
Senior students that have earned twelve points in the following categories: lettered = 1 pt., MVP = 1 pt., and All-Conference = 1pt.
- Abigail B. – 13 points
- Adiana C. – 14 points
- Rissa C. – 23 points
- Alonzo D. - 14 points
- Macey E. – 16 points
- Zoe F. – 17 points
- Leanna F. – 16 points
- Grace G. – 11 points
- Aselya G. – 15 points
- Evan H. – 13 points
- Ryan H. – 11 points
- Steven I. – 15 points
- Casey K. – 12 points
- Careline M. – 15 points
- Jacqueline M. – 11 points
- Will N. – 11 points
- Brandon O. – 14 points
- Lilie R. -13 points
- Ella R. – 14 points
- Abby R. – 23 points
- Molly S. – 33 points
- Alana S. – 16 points
- Tamara T. – 12 points
- Ruby W. – 19 points
Mike Biron Award Winners
This award recognizes two senior athletes whose hard work and dedication in the SSP strength room have helped them overcome obstacles that may have otherwise prevented them from becoming athletes, or have improved their athletic abilities.
- Natalie H.
- Kevin F.
- Steven I.