Board of Education
In today’s society we attempt to teach our young people they need to give back to the community in which they live, attend school, and work. We point to numerous examples of people in our communities who give unselfishly of their time and talents to leave the world a little better place than they found it. One such group of people is the South St. Paul Board of Education.
This group of dedicated people attend an endless string of meetings and school functions, read reams of reports, agendas, and other information, and then make a host of difficult decisions. You’re invited to get to know the seven individuals, who come from a variety of walks of life to focus on what is best for the students who attend SSP schools.
The South St. Paul Board of Education believes:
- All students can learn
- Rigorous and relevant education is essential to student success
- Learning is a continuous process built on strong skill base
- Schools must be respectful of and responsive to individual differences
- The quality of our future depends upon effective public education
- We must provide a safe, welcoming, respectful, and motivating place to learn
- Parent and community involvement is critical to the success of children
- We must prepare our students to participate in the global society