All families in the district must complete the educational benefits application (or opt out), regardless of income or eligibility. Applications for Educational Benefits are approved annually. To ensure a smooth transition of benefits, you will need to reapply for 2022-23 before the school year begins.
Completing or opting out of an application is easy and confidential. Choose one of four easy ways to apply or opt out:
- Apply or Opt Out online at www.schoolcafe.com; or
- Download and print a paper application (below) to complete or opt out and then submit to your school; or
- Pick-up a paper application at your student’s school; or
- Call our nutrition services office at (651) 457-9429 to complete your application over the phone
You can download the following paper applications:
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- What other benefits do I qualify for?
- Do I need to apply for educational benefits every year?
- How do I apply for educational benefits?
- What if my family exceeds the income limit?
- How can students receive educational benefits?
- How does a household qualify for educational benefits?
- How long does it take to be approved for educational benefits?
- How long do my educational benefits last?
What other benefits do I qualify for?
Do I need to apply for educational benefits every year?
How do I apply for educational benefits?
What if my family exceeds the income limit?
How can students receive educational benefits?
How does a household qualify for educational benefits?
How long does it take to be approved for educational benefits?
How long do my educational benefits last?
In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability. To file a complaint of discrimination, write USDA, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410 or call toll free (866) 632-9992 (Voice). Individuals who are hearing impaired or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339; or (800) 845-6136 (Spanish). USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.