Third Party Reimbursement

  • Minnesota Law (M.SS.125A.21) requires that school districts seek reimbursement from private and public health insurers for the cost of health-related services provided to students who receive special education services. If your child receives health-related services as part of their IEP, IFSP or IIIP, a member of your child's team may ask your permission to share information with your insurer and/or physician in order to bill for these services. Health-related services are developmental, corrective and supportive services that are required in order for a student to benefit from their program of specialized instruction. Health-related services include supports such as:

    • Diagnosis, evaluation and assessment
    • Speech, physical and occupational therapies
    • Audiology
    • Paraprofessional/personal care assistant (PCA) services
    • Mental health services
    • Transportation
    • Health services such as nursing

    Click here for more information regarding MA Reimbursement from the Minnesota Department of Education. 


    Please contact Robin Ross, Third Party Reimbursement Coordinator if you have further questions at (651) 288-5861.