Third Party Reimbursement
Minnesota Law (M.SS.125A.21) requires that school districts seek reimbursement from private and public health insurers for the cost of health-related services provided to students who receive special education services. If your child receives health-related services as part of their IEP, IFSP or IIIP, a member of your child's team may ask your permission to share information with your insurer and/or physician in order to bill for these services. Health-related services are developmental, corrective and supportive services that are required in order for a student to benefit from their program of specialized instruction. Health-related services include supports such as:
- Diagnosis, evaluation and assessment
- Speech, physical and occupational therapies
- Paraprofessional/personal care assistant (PCA) services
- Mental health services
- Health services such as nursing
Click here for more information regarding MA Reimbursement from the Minnesota Department of Education.
- Annual Notification and Consent for Reimbursement
- Consent to Seek Reimbursement for a student with an IEP
- Consent to Seek Reimbursement for a student with an IFSP
Please contact Robin Ross, Third Party Reimbursement Coordinator if you have further questions at (651) 288-5861.