Hours and Attendance
- 7:00-7:45 a.m. (zero hour)
- 7:50 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Main Office Line: (651) 457-9408
24-Hour Attendance Line: (651) 457-9415
School Building Hours
- For Zero Hour students, Door #7 will be open at 6:45 a.m.
- Students may enter the building at 7:00 a.m.
- Door #7 is the only door open during school hours (7:50 a.m. - 2:30 p.m). Door #7 is the east door near the Activities Office.
- Students are expected to have exited the building by 2:50 p.m. unless they are under the direct supervision of a staff member or coach.
South St. Paul Secondary believes that regular school attendance is directly related to success in academic work, benefits students socially, provides opportunity for important communication between teacher and student and establishes regular habits of dependability important to the future of the student. The following attendance procedures are intended to be positive and not punitive.
These procedures also recognize that class attendance is a joint responsibility to be shared by students, parents/guardians, teachers and administrators.
- Report to the Attendance Office with a note from your parent/guardian for a pass.
- Carry your pass to all classes for teachers to sign.
- If you know you will be missing school, bring a note from your parent/guardian ahead of time to the Attendance Office. You will carry a slip around for all your teachers to sign.
- If you need to leave school early, you must have a note from your parent/guardian. The Attendance Office will issue you an Early Release slip before school.
- If you become ill during the school day, you must report to the Health Office for proper release. If you do not report to the Health Office (or leave the building without prior permission from an administrator), your absence is unexcused.
- Call the Attendance Office on the day of the absence by 10:00 a.m. to report absence at (651) 457-9415 (a 24-hour voicemail number). Please leave the student's first and last name, reason for absence, your relationship to the student and a phone number where you can be reached.
- A note from the parent/guardian should accompany the student upon his/her return to school.
- Notify the Attendance Office if your son/daughter will be gone for family or medical emergencies.
- Notify the Attendance Office by note if your son/daughter is to leave early for an appointment.
- The Secondary Building has implemented an automated attendance alert calling system. This system will automatically place two phone calls to the parents/guardians, one in the morning and one in the evening, to notify them of their child's absence regardless if the absence has been phoned in or not.
- All absences are considered unexcused until verification can be made.*
*NOTE: When checking your student's attendance online, please realize that the attendance will appear as unexcused until the student returns to school with a parent/guardian note.
The automated attendance notices will appear as unexcused for a minimum of one school day even when prior excuse notification has been received. Call the Attendance Office only if the attendance record is incorrect following this verification period of time.
Our bus service is provided by Safe-Way Bus Company. For more information on their services, or have questions, please call (651) 451-1375. To reach our District's transportation office, please call (651) 457-9474.
If you are planning a visit to South St. Paul Secondary, please stop by the office to sign in and pick up a visitor name tag. When your visit is over, please remember to sign out.