2020-21 School Year School-Age Care
Equitable and Affordable school-age child care programs are essential to support working families and provide enrichment and care for students. Following guidance from the state, SSPPS will provide school-age care for district-enrolled children in grades K-6 (age 12 and under) who are children of critical care workers in Tier I, as defined by the state and listed to the right. This care will be offered at no cost during the time those children are not receiving instruction in the school building during regular school hours. These families may also opt for before/after school care for a fee.
School-Age Care registration for all other families not falling into the Tier I category, may be made available for a fee if the district has not reached capacity limits.
- Healthcare and public health
- Law enforcement, public safety and first responders
- Food and agriculture
- Judicial Branch (essential services)
- National Guard (activated under a Governor Executive Order)
- Educators and school staff providing in-person instruction or caring for children of critical workers
- Child care and school-age care providers