School-Linked Mental Health Supports
School-Linked Mental Health Supports are Available to Students
Emotional ups and downs are to be expected during this time of COVID crisis, but if your child is experiencing any of the following, please consider reaching out for some extra support:
- Increased problems in multiple areas of life: academic, social, family relationships, etc
- Excessive worry
- Crying, hopelessness, or feeling sad
- Significant changes in sleeping or eating habits
- Feeling bad about themselves
- Withdrawal from activities or relationships they used to enjoy
- Engaging in negative behaviors
- Self harm behaviors or statements like “I wish I weren’t here”
The Associated Clinic of Psychology (ACP) was awarded a grant by the Minnesota Department of Human Services (DHS) to provide school and community based therapy to students and their families throughout Dakota County. ACP works directly with students and their support teams to address issues impacting their well-being. All services are conducted by qualified mental health professionals and practitioners, who wil help develop an effective and comprehensive treatement plan tailored to meet each student's goals. ACP's services include:
- Skills development
- Therapeutic intervention
- Diagnostic evaluations
- Parent and family collaboration
- School collaboration
Through the grant program, we are able to offer services to students in Dakota County regardless of their insurance coverage. We will work directly with the insurance plan on your behalf to answer any questions.
Make a referral
- By Phone:
- During regular business hours, you may call our school and home-based Client Coordinator at 612-455-8643.
- If preferred or if a family member or parent could also use some support, referrals for clinic-based services can be made by calling our Apple Valley office at 952-432-1484, or the West St. Paul office at 651-450-0860. Clinic services are not grant supported.
- Online at https://acp-mn.com/community-school-based/
DURING THE ‘SAFER AT HOME’ ORDER, ALL SERVICES WILL OCCUR VIA TELEHEALTH.